Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday (after Christmas)

155.0 this morning.  Okay, that's the starting point.  We are beginning a modified Whole 30 this morning - allowing dairy and a little bit of commercially prepared stuff like mayo.  I'm trying to control the whole eating thing for us all by making lunches and so forth - we'll see how that goes.  Today, we're all having chef's salads for lunch - with about the palm-sized portion of meat and cheese.  And Lee and Elizabeth are having baked chicken on top of that. From the deli.  Oh, well.  

Sausages and cole slaw tonight, after a gym trip for Lee and me.  Elizabeth has joined 24-hour fitness with a friend who is getting married in June; they're going 3 or 4 times a week so far, and she's quite stiff and achy.  It's all good, though.

My gym trip is aimed at getting a baseline measure on the weight machines and doing some walking.  I got a Nike+ FuelBand for Christmas, and I haven't hit the default goal of 2500 fuel points yet, although I got close on Friday by spending most of the day walking around Santa Fe.  So tonight's another window of opportunity to get the points racked up.  It's an interesting tool, and I've been wanting a forgettable pedometer-type thing for a while, so I think it will be helpful.

Food yesterday was mostly good, although it did involve eating up some of the last of Christmas leftovers, and I had way too many cashews.  Snacking is one aspect of the Whole 30 I will be working on - not snacking, that is; eating only when hungry. Not going to bother going into details.

I think that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment