Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday

Holiday yesterday - one I tend to forget.  Anyway, I was at home.  Managed, over the weekend, to sustain the loss I saw by Saturday morning, so I'm still at 148.2.  It was touch, yesterday, though.  Dealing with the rest of the family leaving for New Orleans, and even with not having the dogs around, since they departed yesterday for "camp", left me at way too much of a loose end.  Nonetheless...

Here's yesterday as I recall it:
  • scrambled eggs
  • tea with cream
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese (in various forms, including shredded at one point)
  • homemade live pickles
  • walnuts (about 1/2 cup, I'd say)
  • potato chips - approximately 1-1.5 servings
  • soup - beef made with homemade stock, very tasty (having it again tonight)
  • chocolate - one small piece of a 70% cacao bar with orange bits in
  • obsessive consumption of chocolate cherries from TJs
I had the munchies - no other way to put it.  Toward the end of the half-box I managed to get through, they didn't even taste good, but I kept at it.  I have a raging headache this morning - possibly as a result.

Today I've started by having a piece of cheese (no time to cook when it's just me, and I don't want to open any more bacon), and have two clementines and a package of beef jerky with me to be going on with.  I started the day with 3 advil at 5 am.  It hasn't quite done the job, however; I can have more in about 1/2 hour, and will.

To help with the hot flashes, I started on straight black cohosh yesterday.  Maybe it's a bit early to judge, but it helped with sleep last night a good bit - while I did move about a lot, and periodically threw my feet over into the cold side of the bed, I didn't truly wake up until 5.  Now, I should add that I tried the natural light experiment for a while last night, but gave it up as a bad job after about an hour and some - too damn hard, and I need to be able to see.  So the end of my evening was me reading in bed on my iPad - as artificially lit as one can get, albeit via the Kindle app's "sepia" setting, so less blue.  Maybe that made a difference - and maybe it didn't.  Going to go back to normal entirely tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment