Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A bit of analysis for yesterday

Every so often, I put my day's eating into LoseIt on my phone, just to see what I'm doing.  I did it for yesterday, and I'm not liking the results much.  71g protein (17%), 79g carbs (19%), and 114g fat (63%) for the day.  The cashews (I think they came up to 3/4 cup) accounted for 33.6g carbs on their own, although they contributed 47.6g fat and 15.7g protein.  But what I really wanted when I ate them was salt.  And crunch.  Two servings of Lays potato chips would have been fewer carbs - 30 - and everything else.  Granted, they're cooked in soybean oil or some other nasty Omega-6 krep, but they would have satisfied my salt and crunch jones and been more in line with how I want to eat.  And I think I could have lived with just the one serving.

The clementines were relatively negligible - 17.8g carbs, some of which was fiber, and a little protein.  But I don't know if I want to take that hit daily.  Knowing what they contribute, though, at least I can make a more informed choice about eating them.

I saw a review of a device allowing one to make potato chips in the microwave recently, that ended with the suggestion that one could do it one's self with a plate, just fewer at a time.  I think I will acquire a couple of small potatoes and use my new peeler to make thin slices, add a little light olive oil and salt, and see what happens.  Then, I've controlled the oil content, and have something that is better for me than noshing on bloody cashews.

No comments:

Post a Comment