Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday

Sugar is evil.  I hate to agree with Michael Bloomberg about anything, but there it is.  I'm having an awful time resisting the stuff just now, and am back at 150.4 according to the scale this morning.  So I'm sort of thinking that my only hope for the next 3 weeks, until the ball is over, is to avoid eating sugar - a 21-day detox, whether I feel toxic or no.  So that's my plan.  I hope I can do it.

Here's yesterday:
  • coconut oil
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • beef jerky (2 bags - I was really hungry mid-day)
  • 6 chocolate almonds (somebody brought them to work)
  • pot roast with juice and veg (carrots and celery)
  • baked sweet potato with butter
  • 1 dark chocolate cherry almond cluster
  • 5 chocolate blueberries
  • 2 candy-covered cherries
  • 1 Lindt white chocolate ball
  • 1 Ghirardelli dark chocolate mint square
  • 1 chocolate meltaway thing
  • Walnuts, to try to stem the tide
  • 2 pieces of cheese
See what I mean?  Once I got started with the dessert items, I had an awful time stopping.  That said, the keto-stix said I was in ketosis at bedtime, and my calves are fasciculating this morning, darn them.  

Stuffed bell peppers for dinner tonight.  And NO dessert.

I'm also going to start climbing the stairs each morning (and on other opportunities as they arise).

No comments:

Post a Comment