Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday

I think yesterday I achieved a bit of traction in controlling some of the cravings and what-not.  And 150.6 this morning, so maybe it will pay off.  Here's the day:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • orange juice (just a little)
  • the new usual supplements (the old ones plus copper, iodine and C)
  • two clementines
  • queso dip and chips (but not many - fewer than 10)
  • steak-and-wedge salad with blue cheese dressing
  • a chocolate-almond-cherry thing
  • a handful of shredded cheddar
  • a handful of cashews
I think that was it.  Did breakfast this morning again - not sure if skipping it has caused problems over the past few weeks or not - and have two more clementines with me at work.

Regarding a move toward the PHD, obviously, I added the 3 supplements to my morning.  I'm thinking that getting the pound of starchy veg per day could be interesting, to say the least.  But I'm also thinking that an occasional Domino's gluten-free pizza can be added to the family menu, and maybe some other starch-based items.  So I need to be thinking of menus.  They also suggest frequent bone-based broth/stock, which I do make, although not the way they describe; I think cooking it for 24 hours with a bit of vinegar extracts pretty much everything out of a bone, rather than 3 or 4 passes of a couple hours each.  And I am doing ferments - got pickles going right now.  And we need to eat them soon - or over the next 2 months or so.

Mardi Gras the end of next week, followed by the cruise.  I think we can manage to eat pretty well on a ship; there will be a beignet consumed in New Orleans, and probably some roux.  After the ball - I just have to fit in that dress and then I can relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment