Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday

This week is moving much more quickly than last - probably the back-from-vacation stuff wearing off.  Slept soundly last night, but still feel like I could use a lot more.  I don't think that's a good thing; wonder why it's happening?  I'm achy today - assume some inflammation from the cold, although I don't honestly know what it might be.  I'm currently waiting for 3 Advil to kick in, and hoping a massage will help - got one scheduled this evening.

147.9 this morning, which I am associating with the achiness.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • V8
  • the usual supplements
  • tea with cream
  • cheese
  • one Godiva chocolate pearl
  • about 1" square of King Cake, to see what it tastes like (it tasted pretty good, but I didn't want more)
  • meatballs with stroganoff sauce
  • salad with meat in it
  • homemade zesty italian dressing
  • two chocolate almonds
For Lent this year, I'm giving up nuts as snacks and mindless snacking after dinner in general.  I think I've become far too lazy about sitting around the house pushing small bites of food into my face, and it needs to stop.  Not a very religious sacrifice, but one that I think will be fairly uncomfortable, so I am hoping it will be a useful one.  I will allow myself dessert in some form, but it needs to be in a discrete quantity and the eating stops when the discrete quantity is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment