Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday

Well, that makes no sense.  148.3 this morning.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • tea with cream
  • cheese (5 pieces - probably about 4 oz)
  • the meat and cheese off two large slices of pizza
  • hot tea
  • 4 chocolate cherries (as dessert)
I had a massage, which by rights should have reduced any retained water.  I slept pretty well, considering the 80-mph winds howling past the tightly closed windows, the latter of which made the room a bit hot. I opened a window around 2 am which helped a good bit, although apparently it was open wide enough for the snow to get in - periodically, I was partly awakened by a cold damp mist landing on anything not under a blanket.  So maybe I didn't sleep all that well.

A quick assessment put the day at 56% fat (105.5g) , 24% carbs (101.5g - elevated because I used the pizza whole; it was probably lower), and 20% protein (84.4g).  If I knock off 60g of carbs from not eating pizza crust (wild guess there), the carb percentage drops to 17%, the fat to 45.8%, and the protein moves to 36.7%.  That seems reasonable, although I'll have to go back and read some more; I'm guessing the raw protein gram count is lower for me than it probably should be.

Anyway, I was able to keep to my plan for lent yesterday, by having a measured quantity of dessert immediately after dinner, and nothing after that at all.  Granted, I was in a massage for a good hour of the evening, which limited my available snacking hours, but it's good to make the start.

I have been wondering recently if the protein content of my meals has been too low, lately.  I think I'll start paying more attention; if I recall things I read a year and more ago, I should be shooting for it to be closer to 130g/day.  Getting it back in that range might help with the dryness problems I've been having with my hair and nails, and could do a bit of tweaking on my lean body mass levels.

Fasting this morning from convenience - the radio traffic bimbo indicated that the commute would be very nasty, so I skipped breakfast to get out of the house as early as possible.  I have cheese here, so I'll break it when I get hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment