Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday

I didn't eat very well, yesterday.  Semi-busy day, someone cooking pasta with garlic in my vicinity at the office, and the downhill side of a very long week, with the result that I hit the machines in the afternoon.  Got some peanuts, and they helped.  Here's the breakdown:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (for now, I'm not doing the dessicated liver; not sure if there's truly a benefit)
  • V8
  • cheese
  • about 10 Godiva pearls - plain dark chocolate
  • a bag of peanuts
  • "Grandma Smith chili" - a concoction of ground beef, pork-n-beans, and V8, with seasoning.  Family comfort food.
  • chocolate cherries
  • walnuts
  • more cheese
I think that was everything.  Not the greatest low-carb paleo day.  That said, the scale said 148.7 this morning, so I am continuing to get rid of the excess water; my feet are starting to feel a bit more normal today, and my ankles are much more ankle-shaped.  I took a bath with epsom salts last night, and I think that helped a bit as well, although, for the first time in months, I had bed-vaulting leg cramps.  I tend to associate those with ketosis, but my eating yesterday was not all that low-carb, so I don't know if that was the issue, or if I was feeling dehydrated as a side effect of shedding the water weight.

Who knows?  I'm just glad to have things starting to settle down a bit.  Going to spend the weekend refreshing the stock of homemade salad dressing and dehydrating strawberries (my supply is running low).  Maybe going to the gym, maybe having a massage to work out the last of the car trip and assorted hotel beds (guess I'm getting old).  And sleeping.  My brain is tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment