Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • A bottle of water on the way to work
  • beef jerky (got hungry mid-day; it has soy sauce/wheat in it)
  • gruyere cheese (rather a lot)
  • sirloin burger patties with TJs green salsa on them
  • tomato and cucumber salad with homemade (nasty, unfortunately) italian salad dressing
  • ice tea
  • chocolate cherries
  • walnuts
I think that's it.  I was at 142.8 this morning, which is probably statistically identical to yesterday.  I'm IFing this morning, just 'cause - Lee had to get up and out of the house early, so I told him he could skip cooking breakfast if he wanted, and he did.  Don't know if it will last all day or not - I'm a bit peckish at the moment.  If it gets out of hand, I'll probably have more jerky, since it should, theoretically, be somewhat better for me than trail mix.

Lee mentioned yesterday that he feels like he's lost weight but is not strong.  I'm fine with going to the gym, if he wants to do that, but I would prefer not to be put in the role of making sure he goes (by always being the one to remember that we agreed to do it - that's usually how it works).  But I'll probably end up doing it anyway.  Not tonight - he's going to the golf course to do greens maintenance or something.

I need to find a recipe for italian salad dressing that tastes like Kraft Zesty Italian, but without the soybean oil and other nastiness.  I love tomatoes and cucumbers marinated that way - and don't much care for cucumbers any other way.  The stuff I made for last night was red wine vinegar and EVOO (2 oil to 1 vinegar) with a spice mix intended for green goddess dressing.  Not good - not enough vinegar flavor, to start with, and the spices were bland.  If I find something that works, I will post it - and I'll probably throw the rest of that stuff away.

No comments:

Post a Comment