Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday

Met a friend for lunch yesterday (a rather rare thing for me, eating lunch) and we went to a summer event here - the gathering of all the mobile lunch trucks in a main park downtown.  I found a paleo truck, more or less: they had grassfed beef burgers and explicitly offered them in a lettuce wrap (fortunately, served in a cardboard thingie with a fork and knife).  O G Burgers, they're called.  It was very tasty, especially after I added sharp cheddar and bacon.

Here's the day's food, listed:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • Perrier
  • turkey sausage (Lee was hungry yesterday)
  • grassfed burger with cheese and bacon
  • water
  • cheese snack
  • chocolate cherries
  • cashews
  • Qdoba naked burrito, no beans, with shredded beef, sour cream, cheese, salsa, and guacamole
The burrito did have rice, and I ate every scrap of it.  No weight-related bad effects from the rice so far - I'm at 145.0 today.  Had some complex leg cramps last night, though - first in my toes, which I attribute to wearing some toe-constricting shoes and walking a bit yesterday.  As the toes were settling down, my left leg cramped up on the outside of the calf in a jumpy sort of way (I was asleep when this began, I believe), ultimately forcing me to stomp it out.  It didn't hurt, but it was bending my foot in a way no foot should go.  I'm assuming either potassium depletion, dehydration, or both.  Although I know I had water both at lunch and right after it, because it was hot out at lunch - and a Perrier on the drive in to work as well. Took an extra potassium this morning and will drink more water today; one or the other should settle it, I hope.  Because we're headed to Cheyenne tonight, and I KNOW there won't be any grocery stores carrying coconut water up there, so it has to settle down.

We are getting gallons of raspberries right now - the bushes have been loaded.  Also a few blueberries, which is very cool since our soil pH doesn't really support them.  I figure I'll have to do something next year to re-acidify the soil - maybe do a heavy mulch with pine straw or something.  Anyway, we ate some of the raspberries and gave more to my parents.  They're very good.

Headed to Cheyenne for the weekend - not Frontier Days, that's not for a week; Lee has a golf tournament.  I think we'll eat okay - probably hit up several steakhouses.  And do a movie - must see the last Harry Potter.  Undoubtedly with some popcorn, though I will limit it to a small one - I've learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment