Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday

Good weekend.  Very productive.  We started Saturday by spraying the driveway with weedkiller and cleaning out the screen porch (lotsa dog hair - that's where they spend their days).  Followed it by doing laundry and making fresh mayo for use in salad dressing (both blue cheese and thousand island), and cutting up the two tiny green peppers my plants have produced so far and drying them.  Pulled the netting off the raspberries and found some plantable containers to try to root strawberry runners in, so I can get them started in a new location, raspberry-free.  Repotted houseplants, mulched the last un-mulched garden bed in the yard (they'd run out).  Polished shoes and other leather goods. Vacuum-sealed steaks for the freezer.  Repaired a missing button on a shirt, and super-glued two others that looked to be on the verge of breaking in half.  Replaced our bedroom curtains - I found some thermal, room-darkening ones this time that make a huge different on the nighttime light levels (granted, they cover only about 2/3 of the window - that's on purpose - but they even seemed to help with the temperature).  I would have made pickles, but didn't think of it until it was starting to get warm in the house - did not want to add to that by boiling anything.

I had huge amounts of rather fidgety energy this weekend.  I'd blame the popcorn (we went to Captain America on Saturday and it was great - and I only had a small popcorn), but I know better.  Not really sure what it was - especially as one of the dogs is still a bit ill - enough to wake us up at 3 am Sunday with a giant cleaning job.  So sleep was not great.

Eating yesterday was just strange.  No breakfast (I wasn't hungry), lunch at 2 pm at the BBQ place - my usual half-pound of smoked turkey and a coleslaw.  Snacking for the rest of the day, mostly on cheese, with a few cashews and chocolate blueberries thrown in.  Dessert - ice cream and the last of the raspberries and blueberries.  Those tiny pots of Haagen-Dasz are the perfect size for us - just enough to be delicious, and not enough to get us in much trouble.  And not too sweet, which is starting to be important - if things are too sweet, you can't taste anything else.

142.2 this morning - given my consumption of garbage over the weekend (in addition to the popcorn, I had corn chips and salsa on Saturday), I think that's just peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment