Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday

I am rapidly bidding a fond (not!) farewell to the water - 145.8 this morning.  Lee was down another 2 pounds, so returning to sane eating habits is doing both of us much good.  Here is yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • pork tenderloin
  • green beans with bacon
  • iced tea
  • chocolate almonds and cherries
  • cheese snacks
  • walnuts
  • more tea with cream
I think that's it, anyway.  We did the pork on the grill, with a spice rub I picked up on vacation - lots of cracked pepper in it (also, unfortunately, turbinado sugar and wheat gluten, according to the ingredients - didn't read them when I bought it).  It was quite tasty.

There are rumors floating around right now that someone is suggesting that obese children be removed from their parents and placed in protective custody somewhere.  I can't help thinking that the foster families will promptly feed them according to government guidelines and be baffled that they are not losing any weight; probably much as their actual parents were.  Notwithstanding the horrible dietary consequences of all this, I am utterly opposed to it - the government should mind its own damn business.  This is yet another one of those days that I wonder just when I fell into the rabbit hole; things are very catty-wampus all over, and there appears to be no likelihood of it getting better.

At least we have our health.  For now, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment