Thursday, July 21, 2011

And,... We're back!

To 141.4 again, that is - the golden 50-lb loss number.  I'm still wobbly in places I'd rather not be, but I dearly love that milestone.  And at 5'11", 141.4 is a fine weight.  Lee is still talking about going to the gym (talk, but no action as yet); if and when we do go, I'll work on weights and see if I can't get the composition to shift a bit, but if it doesn't happen, I'm still quite pleased with life as a more-or-less paleo.

Case in point: last night was not exactly sleep conducive.  I drifted off around 10 pm, in a fairly dark room (ambient light mostly from stars, but the odd streetlight contributing).  At 10:13, our smoke alarm went off - took me a bit too long to figure out what it was, but we were both up wandering the house looking for fires or some cause of the noise for a while after that.  While I was awake, I got hungry and had a piece of cheese (and kicked off the install of Lion on my laptop), but was back asleep fairly quickly - and we didn't ever find any cause of the smoke alarms.  At 1:30ish, I started being aware that one of the dogs was ill-at-ease, and within a few minutes, that he was actually rather sick.  I was able to get up, get him outside, clean up his bedding enough for him to go back into his kennel, and go back to sleep again, although it probably took around 30 minutes to do that.  Consequently, when the real alarm went off this morning, I was kind of tired.  But!  I eat Paleo!  Scrambled eggs, bacon, and tea with cream in it for breakfast, and I am fully functional now.  Before we made the switch, that would NEVER have happened.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • scrambled eggs (in bacon grease - we're trying to use up our stash)
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • NY strip steak
  • "omaha steaks" brand potatoes au gratin - two "scoops"
  • ice tea
  • chocolate cherries and almonds
  • gruyere
  • walnuts
  • cheddar
Good stuff - although I mean to do a web search for the ingredients in those potatoes - I think they involved bread crumbs somewhere.  And after dinner, I had the energy to deadhead the roses, clean out a bunch of weeds, and prune the raspberry canes back a bit.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment