Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tuesday

So I declared (to myself, mostly) that I was starting a diet yesterday. Makes sense, then, that I gained nearly a pound, right? Ugh.  160.4 this morning and not at all happy about it.

So what gives? Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • walnuts - probably half a cup
  • a piece of cheese
  • about 5 chips with salsa
  • a chicken breast with queso and tomatoes and peppers
  • 2 chips with fajita meat and cheese on
  • a spoonful of black beans and a bit of rice
That was it. The last was Mexican restaurant food, if that's not glaringly obvious. Salty, for certain, but I did work to avoid heavy carbs.

The whole point of committing to "a diet" for real was to change my mental state. Did it? I think so; I worked hard at avoiding a lot of chips, and choosing something that seemed lower in carbs. I just need to avoid restaurants altogether, I think. But that's highly unlikely.

So, what should I have done differently last night? Half the chicken, and no appetizer (that's what the chips with fajita meat were)? Maybe. Or a salad instead. I did a lot of grilled chicken caesars back 6 years ago, I think. That might need to be my plan going forward.

Sleep was okay - got to sleep pretty quickly once the lights were out, and woke around 4:20 briefly, then closer to 5 for good. And I feel reasonably rested. Considering it's Daylight Saving week, that's actually amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment