Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thursday

Ah, hubris.

That whole sleep improvement thing? Completely blown away last night. I let the dog out. I knew I would regret it, and I did. He slept on the small of my back when I lay on my right side, and when I rolled over, my face was full of fur. He does not move. He transforms into lead at night. 

Anyway, I gave up trying to sleep around 3:30, I think. Listened to old radio shows (Information Please is often soothing enough to get me right back to sleep, and entertaining enough if it doesn't work) for about an hour by themselves, then another hour with an overlay of play fighting growling, and then I just turned the light on and read until the alarm went off. Got up, fed them, and got the day started. I don't feel too awful, but it's early.

Fasting today - had a goodly dollop of cream in my tea this morning and will try to make it through to dinner. I think a spot of autophagy is in order; clean up all the dreck from that cold and the stress of the past week. 

157.6 this morning; water, I suspect. I had chips and dip for dinner, which is not exactly salt-free, and certainly not nutritious. I wasn't in the mood to cook. Here's the entire day:
  • tea with cream
  • sliced deli chicken
  • walnuts
  • 5 pieces of Kerrygold cheese (getting my vitamin K, anyway)
  • chips and ranch dip
  • a large handful of cashews
  • a limoncello
That last was just in the fridge from our bottling activities and after hearing that it tastes right from folks who would know, I figured I'd try it again. Not sure I get the point, but it wasn't bad.

Not doing much this week at home. Reading, letting the dogs through the back doors. That's pretty much it. Thinking a lot, about life and work and that sort of stuff, trying to figure out the best way to spend my time here (on earth). Deep, I know, but that's what alone time is for. No solutions, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment