Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thursday

An edict has been issued: No more good sleep. Somewhere, by someone. I don't know who. But last night, it was properly cool and dark, the dogs were in their kennels, and all should have been well. So I had leg cramps for hours, starting around 1 am, I think. And not easy calf cramps, either; these were shin and outer ankle cramps that twist the foot up into very unnatural positions. They subsided enough for me to get back to sleep periodically, but when I got up at 6, I still had them. 

I take potassium and magnesium. I drink Gatorade with the latter in the evening, to try to keep in electrolyte balance. And last night, before bed, I ate quite a large quantity of salty potato chips. Amongst all that, I SHOULD have been fine. I wasn't.

So I'm tired and achy again this morning. 157.4 - whether it was the salt in the chips, the chips themselves, or the fact that I had breakfast yesterday, I do not know. Not a big gain, maybe just a blip. We shall see. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements (you don't suppose adding them in did all that, do you?)
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage patties
  • walnuts
  • 3 pieces of Kerrygold Dubliner
  • about 1/2 pound of grassfed ground beef (in patties)
  • mushrooms and asparagus sauteed in butter and pan drippings
  • a handful of cashews
  • a mouthful of Gatorade
Kind of a long list, really. I think we're having something seafood tonight. Not sure what.

It's still raining. Good for the crops. Not great for walking outdoors. But I'm not really in the mood for that right now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment