Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday

So far, so good, with upping the tablet potassium and drinking V8 at breakfast.  I had a very low carb day yesterday and not a hint of a cramp overnight.  Breakfast was mini quiches and bacon, snack mid-afternoon was beef jerky, and I basically had cheese in the evening, along with some dark-chocolate almonds.  Not particularly nutritious, and I plan on having meat for dinner tonight.

Down to 148.0 this morning again, with the scale having a hard time deciding between that and 147.8.  However, I really would like to stay put in this general range, with variations for muscle gains and body-comp changes, I think.  Especially having just invested rather a lot of money in new clothes; I'd rather not do that again, especially as I've had to make some of the new clothes. 

I think I will be introducing some of the basic principles from the book, French Women Don't Get Fat into my way of eating as we move forward - the seasonal eating and mindful way of approaching treats, anyway.  Since I'm convinced, from a standpoint of non-expertise, anyway, that our insulin metabolism is really a mechanism to pack on fat for a long winter when the sweets are plentiful (late summer and fall), it seems logical that we should eat plants seasonally - fruits in summer and early fall, root veg and nuts over the winter, leaves in the spring, etc.  It may be a little harder in the vicinity of a supermarket (on the principle that it's summer somewhere, one could ignore seasons inside one), but worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment