Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday

I managed a full-day fast yesterday - didn't eat until dinner time, and then it was leftover meat from the day before.  I was very hungry - only hungry, not shaky or weak or lightheaded - by dinner, but I like being able to get the toxins out of my system and let everything rest - I feel better for it afterward.  Had some cheese and nuts-and-cheese-spread, and a bit of dark chocolate after - a reward for doing a fast while having to hear my co-workers bitch about the leftover Halloween chocolates I'd brought in (I wasn't going to eat them, after all!), and having to smell them - I don't really want to eat milk chocolates made with HFCS, but the smell is very tempting.  That said, the dark chocolate (Lindt 85% cacao) was way better.

I took extra potassium and a magnesium at bedtime last night, to ward off any cramp issues.  It seems to have worked, but it's possible that I haven't leached out enough potassium yet to have any leg cramps.  I added V-8 to breakfast as well as 2 potassium tablets, to see if I can keep things at bay for a while longer.  From what I've read, I really don't want to be potassium-deficient.

Down to 148.2 this morning, probably water.  I had a couple of crustless quiches and some precooked bacon for breakfast.  I'm finding that if you nuke the precooked bacon long enough, it's pretty good.  Not fabulous, but edible - and easier for me than turkey bacon when time is tight.  So I think that will work out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment